Lohman-Libby Family History

Welcome to the family history of Margaret (Maggie) Ann Jensen Olson! I've been doing a lot of research this summer, including Ron's family, and have found tons of information. NOTE: remember that posts are in chronolgical order, so you may want to read from the bottom up! Have fun, and please let me know your comments!!!

Tuesday, August 29, 2006

It Could Be...

Before I start telling about what I've discovered, let me remind you of who the people are:

My mother was Priscilla Lohman Jensen

Her mother was Grandma Lohman (Grace Libby)

Her mother was Grandma Libby (Agnes Wescott)

Her mother was Grandma Tomlinson (Sarah "Sadie" Kimball Wescott)

and her mother was Grandma Mary A Wall Kimball Smith


(Note: maiden names are in bold)


For quite a while I've been speculating about the father of Grandma Tomlinson. Her maiden name was Kimball, and Grandma Smith's maiden name was Wall. Based on a variety of clues I have been thinking that perhaps Mary A Wall (who became a Smith when her daughter Sarah was about 10 or so) first married a man named Lyman Kimball in about 1851, and Sarah was born in Biddeford, ME in 1852. By 1860, Mary and Sarah were living in Biddeford alone (so her father must have died in the meantime).

Today I discovered that the middle name given to Uncle Jim (Grandma Lohman's brother and grandson of Sarah/Sadie) was Lyman! Now I know that this doesn't prove anything about what Sarah's father's name was, but it sure is interesting!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home