Lohman-Libby Family History

Welcome to the family history of Margaret (Maggie) Ann Jensen Olson! I've been doing a lot of research this summer, including Ron's family, and have found tons of information. NOTE: remember that posts are in chronolgical order, so you may want to read from the bottom up! Have fun, and please let me know your comments!!!

Tuesday, December 19, 2006

I'm Pretty Sure...

I think I have the picture figured out.

Left to right, starting with the people standing:

Harry Van Doren (holding Helen, born June 5, 1922)
Gertrude Van Doren
Gustav Lohman
Grace Lohman
James Lyman Libby (Assistant Superintendant, State Fairgrounds)
Grandma (Agnes) Libby
Eva Libby
Grandpa (Edward) Libby
Ruth Lowell Libby
?? Bus's wife Lucette? ***
Bus (Donald) Libby
In front:
Arlene D Libby b ~1923
Muriel Florence Lohman
Priscilla Lois Lohman
Horace Libby (City Agent with steam railroad)
Lois Ruth Libby b ~1921

*** Uncle Bus was married four times. With his first wife he had a son named Robert. Then he married a woman named Lucette, and they lived in California. (In 1930 he was listed in the census as being divorced, age 40 (although he was only 26!) and living in San Fransisco. Occupation - Entertainer, stage and show). His third wife was named Mary, and finally his last wife was Gertrude. He and Gertrude are buried together at Oak Hill Cemetery.

The photo was most likely taken right before Gertrude and Harry moved to Iowa (when Helen was 2), so that would make it 1924 - perhaps in early spring, or maybe in early winter of 1923. Uncle Dick was born in April 1924... does Grace look pregnant?

1 Comments:

Blogger evalibby said...

I apoke with my Aunt last night and there is a correction on this picture. My Great Grandma Eva Libby is the 3rd from the right in the back row and my Great Grandpa Jim Libby is in the bottom row holding my Grandma Arline. Great history, this was so awesome to find.

7:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home