Lohman-Libby Family History

Welcome to the family history of Margaret (Maggie) Ann Jensen Olson! I've been doing a lot of research this summer, including Ron's family, and have found tons of information. NOTE: remember that posts are in chronolgical order, so you may want to read from the bottom up! Have fun, and please let me know your comments!!!

Friday, September 08, 2006

What Do You Know?



Grandma and Grandpa Libby with their granddaughters.

I was just looking at WWI Draft Registration Cards on-line. Don't know why I didn't catch it before, but Grandpa Libby's middle name was NOT Everett, as I had thought.

His card says (and is signed) Edward Ellison Libby, born 15 Oct 1874, and his wife's name is Agnes Everett Libby. They are living at 2415 E 32nd street in Minneapolis.

Also living at that address, and registering for the draft are Horace E (23) and James Lyman, (19), their sons.

I wonder how Grandma Libby got the middle name "Everett." It sounds like a man's name. It couldn't be her maiden name, as that was Wescott. And her father's name was Otis H (don't know what the H is for).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home