Lohman-Libby Family History

Welcome to the family history of Margaret (Maggie) Ann Jensen Olson! I've been doing a lot of research this summer, including Ron's family, and have found tons of information. NOTE: remember that posts are in chronolgical order, so you may want to read from the bottom up! Have fun, and please let me know your comments!!!

Saturday, March 17, 2007

Newly Released Iowa State Censuses

More information has just become available with the publication of the Iowa State Censuses.

In 1885's census, Joseph T (61), Sarah E (38), Edward (10), Ora O (4), and Ada B (2) Libby are listed in Waterloo. Joseph is a laborer and Sarah is "keeping house". Also in the household are Sarah's younger sister Fannie Kite (21, and a widow) and her 3 year old son Claud.

Fannie remarried in 1886 to George H Crane, a stone mason. They had a daughter Myrtle Frances in 1887. She became a high school teacher and taught in Iowa and Detroit, Michigan. I believe that she died in 1979 in San Bernardino, California (and she never married).

Fannie died in April, 1915.

This narrows down the time when Joseph and Sarah moved to Minneapolis to some time in 1885, as (according to the records I have), May (their third daughter) was born in 1885, in Minneapolis. I'm not sure I have the month of her birth anywhere in my records, but the Iowa census was taken in January, so it could have been any time in 1885.

1 Comments:

Blogger Trevor lohmann said...

Hi, My name is Trevor Lohmann and I live in Adelaide South Australia and I think the photo you have here is my Great grandfather and Great grandmother! Just two questions? Is that photo taken in Germany? was this Carl second marriage? My grandfather Friedrick Oswald Lohmann was born in Colditz Germany 14th July 1872 and did not get on with his stepmother Wilhelmina and ran away from home and joined the Prussian navy!
And then came to South Australia in 1911 with his wife Maria Lohmann (nee Wonicker)from Leipzig
The dates and names all fit in with my family history!
Could please contact me to confirm any of this.
Thanks
Trevor Lohmann
lohmann@adam.com.au

4:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home